Saturday, July 4, 2009

Tot School

Tot School



Crumpet dressed up as a pirate and went digging through a bowl of dried rice and beans searching for pirate gold. He loves to dig, and he practiced counting as he found the coins.


We made lower case letters out of pipe cleaners and used a glue gun to attach them to card stock. Then we linked them all together using a key ring. I saw this on Tot School and it's a good way to practice lower case letters. We'll add to it as we learn new letters.


We completed our bee count for the Great Sunflower Project. 5 bees in 5 minutes. Not bad! I guess the bee populations around here are still doing okay!


Crumpet is learning to set the table using these cool placemats I found.


We made a volcano out of playdoh, baking soda, and vinegar. He loved this, and we used up all the baking soda and vinegar in the house!




We use these bathtub paints to work on color mixing.



Crumpet used a hammer to pound in the numbers in this puzzle. This is another Tot School idea, and it helped renew interest in this puzzle that he was bored with.

Crumpet practiced counting out the correct number of beads to put in each of these little boxes.
For field trips this week:
We went to the Thomas and Friends Live show. Crumpet loved it and wants to know when we can go to another show. We went to a playdate with the mom's group I belong to. We went to a carnival on the military base here. Crumpet and his cousins got to climb in tanks and fire engines - they were so excited! And we saw fireworks. Happy 4th of July!








7 comments:

  1. love the pirate treasure dig! we made puffy paint tactile letters this week for our totschool post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love that you call your son Crumpet. That is so cute! I think I need to get myself some bath paints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now need to get some bath paints. I love the Pirate treasure hunt. I may have to let RockerTot hammer some of his puzzles.. I had forgotten about that one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he used a hammer to put the puzzle together! What a LOVELY idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunflower project looks great! And those pipe cleaner letters look neat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pirate costume. We have hte same swords at our house.

    ReplyDelete