Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unplugging

We had a wild and crazy, wonderful long weekend. It involved water parks, theater, snorkeling, sea turtle encounters, and hiking. Now, I'm looking at a messy house, no school prepared for at all, and an exhausted little boy. I am finding that I tell him too often "One more minute" while I type blogs or read blogs, or e-mail, or check Facebook, etc etc., when I really need to be playing with him. I find that when I am playing with him, I'm thinking of all the other things I should be doing, and all the blog posts I could be writing. It's not okay. So, I'm taking a week or two of NO computer time, and I plan to spend it just loving Crumpet. (And maybe cleaning...) I'll take lots of pictures and I'll be back soon...

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! It's important that we realize when we need to take a break! We were on vacation last week with no cell phones or internet access and it was wonderful. I wish I could go back! :) Enjoy your time off with that precious little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - I have the same problem. I just radically reduced my blog list, so I have more time to focus on my daughter. I hope you enjoy your offline time.

    ReplyDelete